Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day away from home.

On Friday I spent a day out with my mom and sister. We headed to a little town called Snohomish to hit up a big antique mall that was having an annual sale. I love old stuff.


First stop was a little shop across the street that had a ton of great looking stuff in the window. I really loved this little dish on the left. I still keep thinking about it and of course, the sale on it is over now. Not to mention it's almost a 2 hour drive away from home. I don't know what it was, but I'd put cupcakes in it. It was like a cake plate, but the sides were a little too high for cake cutting. I also really loved this old chandelier taken from an old estate in my home town. Very pretty, very expensive and very not practical for my house!


Back over at the Star Mall there were about 90 booths of antique dealers. Lots of really awesome stuff. Old colorful hats, lots and lots of vintage aprons, and pyrex of course. I scored just one small little find after lots of digging through a bunch of old linens. No photo now, but I have a project in mind for it that I'll post when finished.

If you live in the Northwest and you enjoy antiques, absolutely make a trip to Snohomish. There were many more shops in view from the corner where I took this photo. It would make for a really great day out!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I love love love going to antique malls and fairs! There is one big one here during the spring/summer/fall that we went to and I can't wait to get back! I could have spent days there.