Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Green Monster Smoothie

Sounds good right? Maybe not to some, but I promise it's absolutely delicious.

My smoothie following a 10:30 yoga date last night.

Well over a year ago now I came across a blog called Swell Little Life. Ange was a new mom to Chloe and was determined to live a healthier lifestyle after the birth of her daughter. It's been very rewarding to follow what she has going on in her life. A personal trainer studying to become a holistic nutritionist, at the end of 2010 Ange started Health & Swellbeing. This is one of my top blogs to read daily.

Ange started the Swellbeing Project January 1st and I've really enjoyed following along. I've adopted quite a few new healthy habits and have kept up on my exercising this month. Yoga has been doing me well. One of my favorite posts was the Green Monster Smoothie. Boy, is it a treat after a workout!


Green Monster Smoothie

1 cup almond milk
2 cups spinach
1 tbsp hemp protein
1 tbsp rice protein
1 tsp maca powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp chia seeds
1 frozen banana
1/2 c frozen berries

In a blender combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.

I like using frozen blueberries for my smoothie. My banana is frozen in a sandwich bag for easy use, but before throwing in the freezer, mash between your fingers.

For easiest blending I add in this order; almond milk, all powders and chia seeds, banana, blueberries, and spinach on top. Then blend away!


Ange suggests drinking this smoothie within an hour of your workout. She has a post daily including a video talking about the new challenge for each day. She's adorable and they're so fun to watch. I've learned so much and look forward to the rest of the month! Please check her out!

No comments: