Saturday, January 1, 2011

DIY: Tea is for Tags.

The last minute touches for the craft fair was probably the best part. After working my little fingers to the bone creating some of the cutest stuff, stuff I loved, it was nice to get to be creative in a different way.

Gather up a 9x13 glass baking dish, a few tea bags (the darker the better), note cards or card stock (I used 2x3 lined note cards), and 1 very hot pot of water.

The Stash Vanilla nut Creme Tea even gave the tags a light vanilla scent. It was a cute touch.


Open the tea bags and place them in the dish. Pour the hot water over the top filling almost to the top.

Let the tea steep for at least 5 minutes. You want the tea water nice and dark.

Place the note cards in to the tea. I tossed in a couple at a time and pushed each one to the bottom making sure it was completely submerged. If you throw in stacks they stick together and wont completely stain on each side.

Here are 100 tags soaking. I let them soak for about 30 minutes. Vary time based on how dark you'd like them.

I took them out and laid them on a towel. I folded the towel over and blotted the excess water off. You could also use paper towels.

Double use here, I used my cooling racks for cookies to lay out the cards. Overlapping is ok, they'll dry in a few hours. I let them be and they were completely dry by the next morning!

Pretty vintage looking cards. If they curl, you can leave them or iron them flat if you like. I used a silver sharpie to write out the tags, punched holes and attached them to my scarves with string!

Fun and easy! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Such a cute idea! I remember doing things like that to "age" school projects for history class. Though looking at that tea made me thirsty!