Saturday, January 8, 2011

Last year & this year.

{via}

The first week of the year had to be a super busy one.

I had just enough time to think about last year & this year. I made some pretty lofty resolutions last year and I didn't accomplish a single one fully.

Like running. I just couldn't stick with it. I love it more than I can express, but it's a mind game getting out there and actually doing it. It's completely rewarding, just hard. The hardest part is starting again because I know how much it's going to hurt, how slow I'll be, how slow progress will seem to come. I made a mileage goal and didn't make it.

Or cooking. Of the five I set, this was the most realized of them all. I wanted to learn a new recipe every week all year. I don't think I learned 52 new recipes, but pretty darn close. I only have just under 40 shared on the blog, but there were a lot I just never got around to posting. So I don't feel so bad about this one.

Cleaning. To be better at it. My chore chart sucked. It didn't happen. Better luck this time I guess ;)

Shopping and less of it. I was great for a couple of months. But then it all started again. Mostly with thrift store junk. But I had some pretty cute DIY projects.

Home improvements were another area that actually came along nicely. Though I've posted no pictures (horrible, I know), the kitchen and dining room were overhauled and just beautiful. We had the great flood of the basement and that's still a work in progress. You're awesome insurance company!

This year I've made some pretty fun goals that I either do or I don't. And if I do, I succeed. I'll be back to share those later.

No comments: