Monday, July 4, 2011

28 Weeks! It's a busy one.



Hello gratuitous bathroom shot of my pregnant belly. 28 weeks has been a really fun one so far. I hit 28 weeks on July 1st, turned 28 years old on July 3rd and today celebrated Independence Day with my extended family. I haven't been to our family 4th in years! It comes with my line of work, sadly.

Not a ton has changed pregnancy wise except getting bigger. Baby boy is a mover and a shaker. He has the ability to contort my belly now based on how he chooses to hang out in there. He's not shy to spread out from side to side, making my belly look like a football and causing some serious hip pain. But I still love him.

I've been becoming increasingly more stressed about my age the older I get. I tried my hardest to embrace my 28th birthday with open arms and it was rather successful. I feel like this will be my greatest year yet. I spent a wonderful sunny day out with my mom, sister, aunt and cousin. We went shoe shopping and treated ourselves to manicures. We followed up with lunch at my favorite cafe in Coupeville and Coupecakes from the cupcake shop. It was super fun.

This coming weekend we head back to Winthrop for our last trip sans baby. We stayed in an adorable cabin there last year and decided it was too great not to go back. 3 nights just the hubby and I out in the warm Eastern Washington woods and weather. Can't wait!

Hope everyone had a safe and fabulous 4th!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Happy belated birthday! I'm sure 28 will be a great year for you!

Care said...

Oh my gosh, I haven't checked your blog in so long. I'm sorry. Congrats on your baby boy and 28 weeks!?! Although now you must be 30 weeks! Oh and happy belated birthday to you :)