Wednesday, September 14, 2011

38 Weeks





I'm 9 days away from my due date as I write this. I don't know where the time has gone over this last year. It's been the best year of my life, with just a few months left that will give even better moments.

Coming in to this week of pregnancy was rough. I was exhausted, my blood pressure was high at my last appointment and I'm experiencing major fluid retention. In the prior weeks I'd simply overdone it. I was told to stop pretending I'm not pregnant and to restrict my activities. It's hard, but I'm making it work. No sign of our handsome man as of now, but that's ok. I'm huge and uncomfortable, but he's been asked not to come early (we had a talk!). I'm finishing up last minute nesting and trying to enjoy work as much as I can in these last couple weeks. It's going to be great having a long maternity leave, but I'll miss the job.

I don't know what this whole parenting thing will be like, but I'm sure looking forward to the challenge.

To my fellow blog friends expecting, I hope you're all well. Kate, I hope the new baby girl is just wonderful. Leah, I'm hoping your little man makes his appearance soon. Care, I'm hoping all is well with you and you're feeling good! December isn't far away for you!

2 comments:

Kate said...

You look great, but I am sure you're just so ready to be done being pregnant and start being a Mom! Can't wait to hear the news and see the little guy!

Elise is doing great and Annika just loves her little sister. Between the 2 of them, they keep me VERY busy!

Can you send me your mailing address? katechandler81 (at) yahoo (dot) ca

Care said...

Thanks for the shout-out!!

I am already feeling swollen and dizzy at just 28 weeks, I am a bit nervous for the next 12.

Hope you are feeling well now that you've had the little guy!