Thursday, December 9, 2010

I'm not making any promises


But I'm trying to jump back on the wagon. I bought a treadmill from my husband's coworker last week, a great piece of lightly used equipment for the right price. I've been working up the motivation to get on it.

Did you have any idea that it would take my husband using it first to get me to hop right on when I got off work at 0300? I didn't, but it was a great motivating factor.

I did it, I feel good and I plan to do my best to keep up. I'm not promising myself anything or making big lofty goals, just a small one of trying to get some activity in a few days a week. I have to work off all these Christmas cookies somehow.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Yay! I'm so glad you are getting back into running! I hope you are able to find a good pace that will keep you wanting to do it.

Kate said...

That's great that you're back at it! Where have you set up your treadmill...is there a TV nearby?

We have a treadmill too, and I have to admit it's been collecting dust lately. It's definitely not my favourite way to work out (but it's in our basement with no TV or anything nice to look at), but it's very, very convenient!

P.S. I've also been wondering how the craft show went?

Care said...

I feel like I could have written this (and Kate's post). We have a basement treadmill too. It's been collecting dust. My butt has been collecting fat. I am not loving myself right now. I need to get some motivation and put down the cookies. Way to go! Maybe you'll inspire me to use the treadmill today!

Cassie said...

It's downstairs right now in the master bedroom. We're STILL waiting on the last of the insurance work to be done. The flooring in the laundry and bath. The room is empty so there it sits! I conviniently placed it in front of the window. I can look outside during the day if I want or watch tv on my laptop like I did last night by putting it on the window sill!

Kate- Craft show was supposed to be tomorrow and Sunday, however we were scheduled incorrectly and will be selling on the 19th.

Care- Totally get the cookie thing. I'm so compulsive. My gut has been collecting fat. Even my fat pants are too small. Holy cow!

Leah said...

You are really inspiring me! We have our hardly used treadmill in the in our garage, I really need to get my butt out there!
Thanks!

Luvs!