Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Bedroom: In Color

I've thought long and hard on my accent color for my new bedroom, and finally came to a decision.

Given we're going for beach cottage-meets modern-meets vintage, I thought a shade of blue would be totally appropriate. Here's the kicker; I copied my mother. The room will still remain white with natural wood, white-washed and black furniture. I'll just have to figure out how to incorporate my new blue color.

She picked up her duvet set, in peacock blue, from HSN. It's Nate Berkus and you can find it here.

After further review of the Nate Berkus line, I found plenty that I loved. Will I pay the price for what  I love? Probably not. But I'm sure I'll find a way to add to my already long project list.


We've previously decided on this headboard:

However, I came across this one - and I tell you it has us thinking.


We're still searching for a reading chair for husband. This is why I have an obsession with Craigslist wingback chairs, even though I haven't picked one up yet.

Now we're thinking we really love this little sofa.



These little pillows were found under the Costal Living collection. They've also found their way on to my list for the bedroom.



I think this silk throw will look nice over white bedding. It's also on my must purchase list.



Though I wish we were already to this step in the bedroom renovation, we're not. Work is slow going, as tear out of the bathroom & laundry is next. Today however, we're going to get to work on finishing up our end tables we started last month. We have one to finish sand & stain, and another to build (pieces are cut). I'm also going to put together the plans for my bench that will go at the end of the bed and painted out in a nice blue color.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments: