Sunday, October 24, 2010

Starting my wish list early.

This is the second time since 2006 that I will have Christmas off, since starting my job at the dispatch center. I worked '06, '08, and '09 (thinking back to 2006 seems like an eternity). I'm super excited!

We will get to take part in our morning childhood ritual at my parents house of letting Mom wake us up early, because she doesn't know what sleeping in is. We'll open our stockings while Mom makes coffee and Dad gets the camera ready. Dad will pop the cinnamon rolls in the oven and we'll dive in to our presents. When we're done, we'll enjoy coffee, cinnamon rolls and usually omelettes. This year I'm sure there will be football, naps and then an afternoon dinner.

Can you tell I'm totally looking forward to this?

The family has serious problems with gift giving. We often tend to go overboard. Collecting over the couple months before Christmas, not remember you've already gotten a little something, then have far too much to wrap. Makes you feel like a kid again, but not always a friend to the pocket book. This year we've decided on a price limit of about $25. Mom wasn't sure this would work, but listen, I've already found some really good ideas! Let's take a look, shall we?

(yes I know, more than the limit, but not by much!)









{all gift ideas found via Anthropologie}


We're all so hard to shop for, it's nice to have a good list of inexpensive ideas.
So dear family members who read my blog, get to making your wish list! I've got some shopping to do!

2 comments:

Ange said...

I love all those gifts... Can't go wrong with Anthro!!
We're trying out a spending cap this year too!

Mrs. D said...

I love it all-- especially the apron and the butter dish! :)