Monday, June 7, 2010

Vacation, and other important matters.

I've been far too busy. Who doesn't like a vacation now and then? We're not going anywhere, just enjoying a little time not working.

We started our first day off with some sleep after work and a trip out of town for a little shopping. We hit REI, Boundary Bay (a local brewery) for dinner, then Target before heading home.

My husband is heading out on a two day hike with a friend later this week and picked up a few things he'll need while he's gone. They have the best dehydrated food. It sounds weird, but they're amazing meals made instantly with our burner and water.


Boundary Bay has good beer and great food. I enjoyed a maibock in a pretty glass with my fish tacos, he enjoyed a porter with creamy mac & cheese. It was busy for a Sunday, but the atmosphere was really relaxed.

We decided to hit Target while we were there. It's a little bigger than the one in the town closer to us and I liked the selection they had of Champion sports wear. I picked up a new tank and a pair of shorts, and a couple of shirts.

Then I came across these:

I've been lusting after these shoes since they came out. In my past life I had tons of stuff like this. Life changed and I got rid of a lot of my "fancy" stuff and became a jeans and tshirt kind of girl. I wanted these and couldn't find them. None in the store closest and the only store in the state that had them according to their website was hours away, and not in my size.

I checked the shoe section just in case and my eyes went right to them. The only pair. I panicked. Like if I didn't pick them up and get out of there right at that moment, they'd disappear. When I picked up the box and they read 7 1/2, they were good enough. Only a half size too big and I didn't care. They were mine and I wasn't leaving without them.

I wore them while I cleaned the house today.


Please don't mind the pirate pants or the unpolished nails. It usually rubs off from running so I skip it all together unless I'm doing something that requires wearing shoes like this. Oh, how I love them.


We don't head back to work for another 8 days. My previously mentioned master bedroom renovation starts this week! We're getting the room cleaned out, the laundry room and half bath gutted for remodel. We're hoping to make a good dent in the project this week in between our plans so we can be moved in by the end of the month. I'm ready for a new bedroom sanctuary!

I should have plenty of projects this week to keep me busy, and I'm hoping to get a few more posts up. But for now, I'm off to bed. Need to rest up for the hard work that comes tomorrow!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Yay I'm so glad you found those shoes! We went to Target this weekend too and ours had tons of the sandals (but not the wedges) and they were all on sale. Leave it to this place to have the shoes that are sold out everywhere and have them marked down on top of it.

Cassie said...

I've been stalking Ebay and was finally ready to shell out more than retail for them. I wanted them that bad. You have no idea the absolute shock on my face when they had ONE pair, in MY size. I'm NEVER lucky! I ran from the shoe aisle and was asked by a Target employee if I needed help when I was found between two racks on the floor in the mens department trying them on. My husband found it quite funny.

Cheryl @ a pretty cool life. said...

I have a closet full of fun shoes from my pre-mom life. I can't bear to part with them...

Kate said...

Love the shoes - sounds like they were meant to be yours!

Enjoy your vacation - can't wait to see your master bedroom reno!