Monday, January 4, 2010

1. Fancy Macaroni

Tonight I started my quest to cook one new recipe a week. The first contender, Fancy Macaroni a la Pioneer Woman. I love her. I fell in love with her in May of 2008. She was introduced to me by a fellow Knottie on the Seattle board. Her and I have become life long friends.

This recipe was chosen by my husband. He loves anything with cheese. I wouldn't have chosen this, but that's because I'm allergic to dairy products (not lactose intolerant, it's an actual allergy). But because I can't cook something and not savor my hard work, I'm currently suffering from sore throat and headache. It's all in good fun, right? Sure.

(Forgive me for what I am about to post, as I know not what I do... Hopefully my pretty links and pictures turn out, but for now if they don't, please don't judge me.)


This is an incredible 4 cheese macaroni with caramelized onions and bacon. It's not by any means good for you, but it tastes like it should be. The 4 cheeses were quite the challenge for me, as my smaller remote city doesn't provide me with an abundant option of grocery stores, and the one I choose to shop at doesn't carry a lot. I used Parmigiana, Feta, Gruyere and Fontina cheeses. It gave it a great cheesy texture with a little bit of a bite to set it apart from the regular macaroni's. It's really easy to make, and would be awesome with some burgers off the grill.





No comments: