Sunday, January 17, 2010

Fashion: I'm ashamed to say it

Throughout November and December I did a little shopping for myself while out and about shopping for Christmas gifts. Where I live, the only store available to us that has clothing is Walmart. It's a 45 minute drive to the closest mall. Though I left the island (I live on a very large island) a few times to complete my shopping it didn't stop me from buying a few inexpensive clothing items from our local Walmart.

I'm ashamed to say that I like the new Miley Cyrus & Max Azria line. The clothes are rather trendy, decent quality and very inexpensive.
 
One of my favorite pieces right now is this knit cardigan vest.
 

It looks adorable over a longsleeved shirt with a pair of skinnies and boots. At $14 it's worth trying even if it only lasts a few months. So far in my opinion it's holding up better than a knit cardigan I purchased at Old Navy for more.
 
I also picked up this Chiffon Pintuck Tunic for $12.
 

I bought it in black and it layers perfectly over a tank. It could be worn with a pair of slacks and a cardigan for a dressier look, or with a pair of jeans and a cute scarf. I wore it to my brother's family birthday party the other night and got a ton of compliments on it.
 
I picked up this Plaid Western Shirt for $12 for my sister at her request for Christmas.
 

She looks great it in. She wore it open over a long black tank with a great chunky scarf. she's always been one to dress well, and though this was a dressed down look from her usual she looked fabulous.
 
How about this great piece? The Crisscross Ruffle Tunic in charcoal for $10.
 

This is totally my style paired with a black cardigan and a pair of skinnies, and I just snagged it last night for $8! I hadn't seen it at my local store, but had made a quick run for a few household essentials and buzzed through and there it was. Yes, I bent my shopping rule this month.
 
I'm just like the next girl, and do enjoy splurging on the more expensive designer items now and again. But I really find I feel accomplished when I can pick up a few great looking pieces for a fraction of the cost and pair them with some of my nicer stuff. I encourage you to take a look and try a piece or two out. I think they're definitely worth it when you can compare them to the price of two lattes at Starbucks!


No comments: