Sunday, May 30, 2010

hello sunshine!

Or if we're getting technical here, hello grey sky.

Hey! It's my weekend! It actually started yesterday when I got off work at 7:00am. It was raining, like I mentioned, so I decided to get some sleep with my husband until he got up for work. Then when he left, I went back to sleep until 3:30am. Good news: I've finally caught up on sleep. Bad news: I've gotten myself off on a really crappy schedule for the weekend. Who wants to be ready for bed at 3:30 in the afternoon?

I'll have to get over it. This Memorial Day weekend we actually have plans! I'm excited to be heading out of town later this morning to a friend's house. He's taking us to to the horse races at the Emerald Downs. I've never been, but I'm excited.

He's also husband's BFF, and the driving force for the purchase of our Traeger barbecue. He's going to also make us dinner tonight. Man, he's a good cook and I always feel so spoiled when we head to his place for dinner. He goes all out for us, just like I do for him when he comes to spend the weekend with us.

But hey, the rain is gone! I'm heading out for a run today and I'm excited like it's Christmas morning or something. It's bright and cool this morning, with patches of blue sky. I'm definitely looking forward to a run.

It's a new week and I'm starting my 4th week of training. I'm 6 weeks out from my half. This week is run heavy, but I know I can handle it. There is less room for adjustment because I have less days off. Next week is my recovery week with 3 easy runs and a 5k race, so I'm not too worried.

Here's this weeks schedule:

Sunday: Easy Run - 3 miles
Monday: Easy Run - 2 miles
Tuesday: Long Run - 8 miles
Wednesday: Off
Thursday: Speed Run - warm up, 3x1600 with 800 jogs, cool down - 5 miles
Friday: Easy Run - 2 miles
Saturday: Tempo Run - warm up, 4 miles @ 12:00 pace, cool down - 6 miles


Have a fun & safe Memorial Day and happy running!

No comments: