Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day, with Mom.


Weird.

That I'd have to mention I spent Mother's Day with my mom, that is. Because I did drive by the track on my way to my mom's place and noticed a guy and girl dressed in running attire, but not running. They were casually walking around the track and their body language lent to them being very flirty. A "running" date on Mother's Day?

Anyway.

I went to my parent's place on Sunday to provide my mother with both my presence, and amazing food. Yep, you can always rely on my for amazing food. And the pleasure of my company... even if you're not interested (my poor coworkers, ha!).

The sun was shining, and after a quick nap I was refreshed and ready to take on the day with the family. I hit the grocery store to pick up my last minute items and made the 45 minute drive to my parent's place.

My mom always has the best flower pots, she did all purple around her fountain this year. So pretty.

We had a brunch planned of stuffed french toast, smoked salmon olmelette & bacon. It sounded like a strange combination but I was sure it would present well on the plate. While us ladies got to cooking in the kitchen, my dad cooked the bacon on the grill.

And had a bit of an accident. Good thing I forgot I told my mom to buy the bacon and brought a package. The second batch turned out less tragic than this.

Smoked Salmon Olmelette with Cream Cheese & Scallions

French Toast stuffed with Cream Cheese & Strawberries

My mom added the pretty tulips I brought her to the table.

The plate turned out beautifully. What a combo of flavors too. It was a truly gourmet brunch.
(notice the second batch of bacon, we spared it from being flamed broiled)

My parents are the best. I'm so glad my mom felt so loved.

I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day with us, Mom! We love you and had so much fun. Thanks for letting us spoil you with a fabulous brunch!

No comments: