Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I've got some lovely ladies in my (internet) life - Blog Awards

I feel lame and ungrateful that I've not acknowledged the blog awards I've received over the last month or so. Though my following is small, I have wonderful followers who I equally enjoy reading. I feel like I've met some of the nicest, sincere people through the channels of the interwebs.

So today I'm going to acknowledge, thank and promote those I've received in hopes that I can send them new readership. They're great! Promise!

The Stiletto Award

This was given to me by the lovely Care over at The Exposed Mom. She's beautiful, sweet and entertaining. She's a wonderful read. I've missed her in her seeming absence over the last week.

1. Display your Stiletto Badge of Honor, wear it with pride!

2. BRAG ABOUT IT! - Write a post about your award. Include the link to this page so everyone will understand what it’s all about! The Stiletto Award

3. SAY THANKS! - Include a link to the friend who nominated you for the award.

4. SHARE THE LOVE! - Nominate 5-10 blogs that you feel deserve the award. Include links to them in your post -and- leave them a comment to let them know they are nominated.

5. DO WHAT YOU DO! - Keep at it. Keep inspiring and encouraging and sharing your life! We love it and we thank you!

My nominations include:


*******

The Beautiful Blogger Award

This is my second Beautiful Blogger Award. Thank you so much to Ashley over at The Thing About Daisies. I can't tell you how fabulous this girl is. First of all, she has incredible style and a vintage collection that will make you drool. Second, she's absolutely to die for sweet. And third, totally talented in more ways than one. I think if we lived close, we might be best friends (stalkerish Ashley? maybe).

The rules for this one is:
1. List 7 random things about yourself.
2. Give this award to 7 people.
3. Let them know!

I ran 4.75 miles today and I'm dog tired. I've got a new "trainer" and she worked me hard today.

I hardly ever crave fast food. Ever. I'm more likely to crave cupcakes.

Right now I'm craving oatmeal. With a little brown sugar & almond milk. Yum.

I have a tiny chihuahua sleeping on my chest & a yorkie sleeping on my legs. These two tiny dogs put off an immense amount of heat. That's why they make awesome heaters under the covers!

I learned how to play backgammon this week. I love it. It makes me feel like I'm living in the 1940's.

I picked up my supplies to get the chalk board for my dining room all done up. Now to actually do it.

I still haven't finished my spa bench. Awesome, right? It's still waiting for a coat or two of poly.

My nominations include:


*******
The Gorgeous Blogger Award

I received this award from Francis over at the Fick Family Blog. She's a beautiful mother to two beautiful children. Her son is one handsome little thing, while her daughter steals my heart. She's sweet and you can tell how much she loves her family. She's always positive and always has happy, encouraging things to say when she visits me.

Here are the rules:

Accept and thank the person who gave it to you!
List 10 things about yourself
List 5 additional things you DON'T like
Then pick ten people to give this lovely award to!

This might be easier if I was actually being asked questions. I have a hard time thinking of so many interesting things about myself.

1. I'm the oldest child in my family.
2. I have one sister & one brother.
3. I believe I'm still the tallest of my siblings at a whole 5'3".
4. I think my natural hair color is dark blonde.
5. I've colored my hair since the age of 11 (Sun-In the summer after 5th grade).
6. I was a cat person until I suddenly became allergic at the age of 17.
7. My last remaining cat still lives with my mom. She turns 9 years old next month.
8. My mom is only 16 years older than me. I could never imagine being a mother so young, not even right now at 26. But she was the most down to earth, level headed mother you could ever meet.
9. I absolutely love Top Ramen, even though the sodium content is through the roof!
10. I'm the worst softball player you'll ever meet, but I love playing.

1. I don't like people who don't use their blinkers.
2. I don't like people who can't seem to pull over for emergency vehicles. It's just as important to move over for a police officer as it is an ambulance or fire truck. Thanks.
3. I don't like Humane Society or ASPCA commercials, I choke up regardless of what's happening or where I am. It also hurts my heart when I have to take calls at work about deer hit by cars.
4. I hate animal cruelty period. Animals are innocent & in most cases helpless. It's our job to help protect them.
5. I don't like trimming the chihuahua's nails. I always think I'm going to hurt her.

My nominations include:


*******

If you stuck it out through this long wordy post, thank you! For those of you who have nominated me for awards, thank you! I love the blogging community no matter how big or small it may be for some of us. I enjoy daily smiles and inspiration from you all.

2 comments:

Francis said...

awwe Your are so sweet!! Thank you for the award! and those kind words :)

Ashley said...

Awww thank you so much for the award! No stalker vibes here...I too get the feeling we'd be best friends! There would be a lot of crafts and cooking going on! Have fun with the chalk board paint, I love working with it!