Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Survey: Skincare & Makeup

I ran across this survey a couple of months ago, but didn't feel like I was makeup saavy enough to post it. But I came across it again this week so here it is (Why do I suddenly feel like I'm filling out a Myspace survey? Yeeesh).


42 Questions about Makeup
1) How many times do you wash your face daily? Twice on days I run, once on days I don't (bad, I know).

2) What skin type do you have? I would consider it oily. However my new & simple skincare routine has greatly improved that.

3) What is your current facial wash? Purpose by Johnson & Johnson

4) Do you exfoliate? Once weekly. I'm prone to redness, so anymore often is bananas.

(Umm, where did #5 disappear to?)

6) What moisturizer do you use? Purpose by Johnson & Johnson - On days I wash my face twice. I usually run after work, so I'll wash my face then moisturize before I go to bed.

7) Do you have freckles? Yes, but I wish they stood out more like my mom's do.

8) Do you use eye cream? Sure don't.

9) Do you or did you have acne prone skin? I get one pimple about once every three months. I know, I'm kind of lucky in that area.

10) Did you ever have to use Pro-Activ? Have never needed to.

11) What foundation do you use? None. I sometimes use Benefit's You Rebel tinted moisturizer as foundation if I feel like I need a little help or I have a special night out planned.

12) How about concealer? I do have a Smashbox concealer I use for the same reasons mentioned above.

13) Do you know your undertone color? I've been told they're yellow.

14) What do you think of fake eyelashes? Yeah, no. last time I tried them I looked like a hooker. Pass.

15) Did you know you were supposed to change your mascara every 3 months? Sure do, however I change it when I feel like it's dying. Different formulas and brands have different life spans. You know when it's not working all that well anymore.

16) What brand of mascara do you use? Benefit Bad Gal Lash, however I've ordered a new organic product I'm looking forward to trying!

17) Sephora or Mac? If this question is in regards to the product the brand produces itself, then Mac. If you're speaking in reference to the store, then Sephora.

18) Do you have a Mac Pro card? Nope, don't wear enough makeup to even consider it.

19) What makeup tools do you use in makeup application? My fingers, and a few brushes (for shadows & eyeliner).

20) Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes? Nope. My skin was always too oily for that.

21) For the face? Again, no.

22) What is your favourite eyeshadow? Colour or shade? I enjoy anything in neutral colors. I have a Stila baked shadow combination that contains a light bone color, a dark copper color & a warm gold color. Love, love, love it.

23) Do you use pencil or liquid liner? Pencil liner. I have a Stila liquid I'm still practicing with.

24) How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil? Never.

25) What do you think of pigment eye shadows? I've never used them.

26) Do you use mineral makeup? I like it. I have Bare Escentuals I use on occassion. Mostly just their bronzer and a few of their shadows that fit the neutral category.

27) What is your favourite lipstick? Maybelline "Born With It" lipstick. Suggestion from another blog and it's the only lipstick I've ever worn.

28) How about lipgloss? I have a Smashbox lipgloss I totally love, it's just clear. I also have a vanilla mint & chocolate mint clear gloss from Old Navy (weird, I know) that I totally adore.

29) What is your favourite blush to use? I own no blush, can you believe it?

30) Do you buy your makeup on Ebay? I've gotten nail polish on Ebay.

31) Do you like drugstore makeup? Of course! I have a drugstore eyeliner & mascara in my bag right now.

32) Do you go to CCO's? Cosmetic Company Outlet? Nope.

33) Did you ever consider taking makeup classes? I've never really given it that much thought.

34) Are you clumsy in putting on makeup? I'm not great at it, but I don't think I've ever had bad looking makeup.

35) Name a makeup crime that you hate? Spider lashes. Please get new mascara!

36) Do you like colourful shades of makeup (lipstick or eyeshadow) or neutral ones? I prefer neutral, but love it when others can pull off beautiful colors.

37) Which celebrity always has great makeup? Kate Beckinsale

38) If you could leave the house using just ONE makeup item, what would you use? Mascara

39) Could you leave the house without any makeup on? I did today. Ran errands that included running to my work & Home Depot. I'm not shy. I've got good skin, my eyes just look a tad tired.

40) Do you think you look good even without any makeup on? I do. Like mentioned above, I look a little tired. However, I've always gotten compliments on how nice I look without makeup. I have a few friends who prefer me without it, they think I look more like myself.

41) In your opinion what is the BEST makeup line? Given I have the most experience with Benefit, I'd say they're a good candidate. I totally love them.

42) What do you think of makeup? I think makeup is a wonderful thing. It's a great bonus for me on a day where I'm just not feeling so hot. As long as I have a fresh, presentable face, I'm ok with going out with a pony tail. I think everyone could benefit from just the smallest amount of makeup. Staple items that every girl needs is an eye lash curler, mascara, blush or bronzer & lip gloss. These are my staples day to day and I just think they make you look fresh and polished.


What are your answers to these makeup questions? Please feel free to post this, I'm always interested in what my favorite ladies have to say!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey found you through The Things About Daisies! Love your blog, I can always use another cooking blog!!

Alison Kinsey said...

Nice to discover your blog, via veronika's blushing! I saw that you have an upcoming Vegas trip in June! Definitely check out my blog under the jet setter section, I have a few Vegas posts with some fun pictures and tips! :)