Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Review: Pureology Hydrate Shampoo & Conditioner

Happy February! The first month of 2010 really flew by. I was thinking this morning about how I'm getting older (but not looking it, I was carded at the bar last night by a girl who I'm sure is 5 years younger than me), and I realized that my 10 year high school reunion is in a year and a half. Has it really been that long? Where does the time go anymore?

Today I'm posting my own Pureology review. I've gone back and forth about it, because it feels awfully redundant given I've read so many other blog reviews on the product. But I'll stick to the fact that not everyone necessarily gets the same results, so I figured I might as well.


I started using Pureology's Hydrate Shampoo & Conditioner 4 weeks ago and I've seen an incredible change in my hair. The health and quality has improved and has been the best shampoo by far to prevent my colored hair from fading. I love how it leaves my hair soft and shiny after every wash.

I'm still a daily washer for the most part. I can't bring myself to only wash my hair every 2 to 3 days. When I sleep I end up with gross kinks, even when I pull it up out of the way. When I workout or run I sweat entirely too much and lose all the body from my style. When I shower no matter how hard I try to protect my hair from the humidity it frizzes uncontrollably. The restyle in all of these cases simply isn't worth it. It never looks as good as it does after a fresh wash and style.

My weekend regimen is little different. I care to be a little more presentable at work, but on the weekends I'll use my Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo (it works, but I'm sure there's better out there) for a day, or will wash and air dry. It almost convinces me I'm justified in almost daily washing.

I picked up my set from a seller on Amazon. I was sure to look for good reviews before purchasing but saved a lot compared to what I would have paid at my salon. I give them enough money without 100% satisfaction as it is. I snagged both bottles for about $46 including shipping compared to about $63 including tax I would have paid at my salon. Well worth the price in my opinion, and I will definitely buy again. The shampoo is incredibly concentrated and I use no more than a dime size in my palm to wash my long hair. The conditioner has a delicious minty scent and tingles on your scalp.

It will take a lot to convince me to switch to something else right now. And what a satisfying last purchase before my January shopping ban. If only I had made the investment when I was still a blonde, would I have gone back brunette? I'll never know.

No comments: